LGBT Resource Center Scholarships
The LGBT Resource Center awards multiple scholarships to students (undergraduate or graduate) every Spring semester. These awards recognize students who are committed to supporting LGBTQIA+ communities and who have demonstrated academic, leadership, professional, and/or personal accomplishments . Amount of awards are typically $2,000-$3,500.
B.W. Bastian Foundation Scholarship
The LGBT RC is proud to award the Bastian Scholarship in Spring 2020, a scholarship made possible by the generous support of the B.W. Bastian Foundation.
This award recognizes a student who is committed to supporting LGBTQIA+ communities and who have demonstrated academic, leadership, professional, and/or personal accomplishments. Award is $3000.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for our scholarships a student must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled University of Utah student (undergraduate or graduate) OR have complete at least 1 semester of coursework at another higher education institution at the time of application.
- Must have and maintain cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Financial need will be considered in selection process. Awardees will be required to complete a FAFSA process to have scholarship awarded. Applicants with questions or concerns about this may contact our office.
- Awardees will be required to complete HB 144 affidavit to have scholarship awarded. Our scholarships are available to undocumented/DACA students who have graduated from a Utah high school as well as international students. Applicants with questions or concerns about this may contact our office.
- Past scholarship awardees are welcome to reapply. Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
How to Apply for Our Scholarships
To apply, review full application requirements and complete the online application via the University of Utah online scholarship website. Applications are due Friday, February 14, by 11:59pm MST.
Any questions about our scholarships may be directed to email@example.com or 801-587-7973.
Scholarship Resources at the University of Utah
These resources are not meant to be comprehensive, but instead a a guide to some scholarships that are available for University of Utah students. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Utah Scholarship Index
- Office of Equity and Diversity Scholarship Index
- Women's Resource Center Scholarships
- Office of Undergraduate Advancement Scholarships
National Scholarships & Resources for LGBTQIA+ Students
These resources are not meant to be comprehensive, but instead a a guide to some scholarships, fellowships, and other resources that are available specifically for LGBTQIA+ students.
- Financial Aid for LGBT Students on FinAid
- National Gay Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF) Fellowships
- Queer Foundation Scholarships for Queer Theory Scholars
- Minnesota Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender Educational Fund Links to other GLBT Scholarships
- Skadden Fellowship Foundation (law)