Be a Pride Week Partner!
Become a Pride Week Partner! This grant supports recognized student organizations at the University of Utah who wish to host an event in Spring 2021 that aligns with the mission of Pride Week. Pride Week celebrates LGBTQIA+ histories, cultures, and lives. This year Pride Week is March 29-April 3, but Pride Week Partners may plan an event at any point during the spring semester.
The Pride Week committee will review applications to be a Pride Week Partner and award up to 3 organizations $1,000 to support their event. Criteria and preferences for who may be awarded funding are as follows:
Applicant Criteria & Preferences :
- Application (link to campus connect) deadline is Sunday, November 8th at 11:59pm MST. Grant recipients will be notified by November 30th.
- Applicants must be recognized student organizations & in good standing to receive
grant funds. Only one application per organization, please.
- Planned event must be aligned with the mission of Pride Week as a celebration of LGBTQIA+
histories, cultures, and/or lives.
- Event must be held in Spring 2021 (January-April 2021).
- If event is held during Pride Week itself (March 29-April 3), Pride Week Partner organization
(s) hosting the event must have their event date/time approved by the Pride Week committee
so event does not conflict with other Pride Week activities.
- Recipient organizations must meet with the grant committee once before and once after
- Event must be publicized using the Pride Week Partner mark and other logos provided
to grant recipients. Pride Week must be listed as an event partner in any written
or web materials for the event.
- Preference will be given to those event ideas that approach LGBTQIA+ issues from an
intersectional lens, exploring how LGBTQIA+ identity intersects with race, ability,
class, citizenship status, faith and/or other aspects of identity.
- Preference given to those organizations with a mission of serving historically marginalized
student populations including students of color, students with minoritized gender
and sexual identities, students with disabilities, etc.
Do you have a great idea for how your organization can get involved? Apply by clicking the button below!