Pride Week 2022 Pride Partners
Pride Partners are university departments, academic colleges, student organizations, and community partners who host events to celebrate Pride Week at the U. These partners plan their events adjacent to the Pride Week committee by aligning with the theme of the year and meeting deadlines to be included in Pride Week marketing. We will also provide a Pride Partners mark to be included in your event marketing.
Pride Week 2022 will be March 28-April 1. If you are interested in becoming a Pride Partner, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pride Partner Grant
Are you a part of a student group interested in becoming Pride Week 2022 Pride Partners? The Pride Week 2022 Committee is excited to offer three grants of up to $1,000 to qualifying University of Utah student organizations who would like to host an event in Spring '22 celebrating Pride at the U. The deadline to apply is Monday, January 3 at 11:59pm MST.
Applicant Criteria & Preferences
- Applicants must be recognized student organizations and in good standing to receive grant funds. Only one application per organization, please.
- Planned events must be aligned with the mission of Pride Week as a celebration of LGBTQIA+ histories, cultures, and lives.
- Events must be held in Spring 2022 (January-April 2022). Any events held during Pride Week (March 28-April 1) must have dates/times approved by the committee to avoid conflict with other Pride Week programs.
- Grant recipients must meet with the grant committee once before and once after the event date.
- Event must be publicized using the Pride Week Partner mark and other logos provided to the grant recipients. Pride Week must be listed as an event partner in any written or web materials for the event.
- Preference will be given to events that approach LGBTQIA+ issues from an intersectional lens, exploring how LGBTQIA+ identity intersects with race, ability, class, citizenship status, faith, and/or other aspects of identity.
- Preference given to organizations with a mission of serving historically marginalized student populations including students of color, students with minoritized gender and sexual identities, first generation and/or low-income students, etc.
Required Application Materials
- Event proposal (500 words or less)
- Planning timeline
- Event budget using this template
Apply at the link below. Questions about your application, criteria, or event planning? E-mail the Pride Partner Grant committee co-chair Shelby Hearn at email@example.com.